The Sustainability Director will be responsible for developing and implementing the sustainability framework for the fund, as well as leading all activities related to sustainability in the fund management business. This role will play a critical role in ensuring the long-term success and responsible management of the fund and will serve as the brand representative for Farosson in all areas related to sustainability. The Sustainability Director reports to the CEO.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Be one of the key driving forces in the development of Farosson's ESG investment framework and net zero roadmap, harmonizing with the ultimate holding company's climate roadmap and initiative which Farosson intends to follow/stand guided by.
- Lead the development of processes in measurement, tracking and reporting the division's ESG performance, including tracking of portfolio companies performance. Drive best-in-class ESG reporting standards aligned with the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI), Task Force on Climate-Related Financial Disclosures (TCFD) and other related frameworks, by working cross-functionally, to capture and analyze macro and micro trends, global developments and risks, stakeholder expectations, current and new ESG legislation, and mandatory and voluntary disclosures.
- Proactively identifying issues, risks, opportunities, and trends that may impact the company from an ESG and corporate responsibility perspective, through a materiality assessment approach.
- Identify innovative and efficient approaches to sustainability/ESG data, story collection and reporting, including publication of metrics, proof-points, integrated reporting, and also to enhance authenticity and creativity.
- Drive the development relevant materials with communications team to demonstrate our position in sustainability, ensure reporting is aligned with brand and style guidelines, and that the narrative is consistent with the ESG performance.
- Be a thought leader in sustainability matters in the asset management space and participate in external engagements, representing Farosson in roadshows and sustainability/ESG related conferences.
A degree in sustainability, environmental science, finance, or related field.
MBA/CFA or equivalent educational qualification.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES
10-12 years of relevant working experience.
- Understanding and knowledge of fundamental ESG frameworks, principles, conventions, regulatory regimes, etc. as noted in "Primary Responsibilities."
- At least 3-year track record of developing and delivering qualitative and quantitative sustainability and ESG reporting.
- Basic understanding of business environment and operational grid under which business is conducted
- Possess the flexibility to adapt and adopt changing commercial acumen
- Strong experience in sustainability and corporate responsibility, with a deep understanding of ESG (Environmental, Social, and Governance) principles and their impact on investment decisions
- Proven ability to develop and implement sustainability frameworks and strategies
- A deep understanding of the financial markets and regulatory environment
- Able to work as part of a team
- Able to work closely with internal key stakeholders
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
Communication & Influence
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point
- Good writing and presentation skills
- Able to communicate at all levels within the organization
Analysis & Problem Solving
- Excellent analytical skills and systematic problem solving
- Ability to efficiently multi-task and across time zone
- Detail-oriented and ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize effectively
- Ability to work independently
Accountability for Results
- A sense of ownership
- Strong desire to see goals, objectives and targets achieved / met
- Self-starter with initiatives / Proactive / Hands-on-Approach