The Investor Relations Director will be responsible for establishing and maintaining relationships with current and prospective investors for Farosson’s asset management business segment, as well as communicating the fund’s financial performance and growth strategies. The ideal candidate will bring a strong network and investor base to the role, and will play a critical role in securing new investments and maximizing returns for current investors. The Investor Relations Director reports to the CFO.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Be a key contributor in the origination and prospecting of new limited partner relationships, with specific target achievements in fund raising set. Develop the firm’s distribution network on a global basis, opening up new sources of capital.
- Be a key contributor in the development and execution of the company's investor relations plan.
- Key contributor of growth of the firm's assets under management through establishing and maintaining relationships with private wealth networks, family offices and institutional investors.
- Key contributor to the firm’s core leadership by assisting with investor-facing communications and the development of systems /processes that make Farosson an investment firm of choice.
- Plan and lead roadshows and publication materials (with the assistance of communications team) to share the firm’s vision, mission, strategy and investments to potential investors to develop investor confidence and belief of the Company.
- Partner with Strategy director to monitor investment trends, requirements and strategies to identify strategic investment opportunities in overseas markets, sharing insights with potential investors to create a branding and following for the company.
- In collaboration with Strategy, investment/advisory teams within the division and external service providers to:
- prepare updates to all investors & potential shareholders and communicate with investors in all mediums (written, verbal, in person).
- ensure existing limited partners have high satisfaction levels of our services (investor reporting, access to information etc), handle inbound investor enquiries and work with business unit heads when further information / due diligence is required.
A degree in finance, economics, or related field.
MBA/CFA or equivalent educational qualification.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES
11-14 years of relevant experience in a sales, business development or client relationship management role.
Existing network of HNW or institutional investors.
- Basic understanding of business environment and operational grid under which business is conducted
- Possess the flexibility to adapt and adopt changing commercial acumen
- Extensive experience in investor relations and capital raising
- Strong network of contacts within the investment community
- Ability to effectively present complex financial information to a wide range of audiences
- Proven track record of successfully securing new investments and managing existing investor relationships
- A deep understanding of the financial markets and regulatory environment
- Able to work as part of a team
- Able to work closely with internal key stakeholders
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
Communication & Influence
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point
- Good writing and presentation skills
- Able to communicate at all levels within the organization
Analysis & Problem Solving
- Excellent analytical skills and systematic problem solving
- Ability to efficiently multi-task and across time zone
- Detail-oriented and ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize effectively
- Ability to work independently
Accountability for Results
- A sense of ownership
- Strong desire to see goals, objectives and targets achieved / met
Self-starter with initiatives / Proactive / Hands-on-Approach