Financial Controller within the Finance Department in Top Co will be primarily supporting the day-to-day to finance function of the Farosson Group and its subsidiaries, focused on advisory, investment and asset management businesses.
Farosson is a newly established business division of the Yinson Group and the Financial Controller will be responsible for building the finance function of this division from ground up and developing financial policies and procedures to ensure financial stability and growth. This is a unique opportunity for a highly motivated and experienced finance professional with a background in advisory, investment and asset management finance to make a significant impact on the company's success.
The business moves at an incredible pace so candidate will need to be a self-starter with excellent EQ, strong time management skills, attention to detail, and the ability to work under pressure in a fast paced and constantly changing environment. We are looking for people who apply deep logic to their thinking and highly organised who are able to efficiently multi-task and see all projects from start to finish in a timely manner. The Financial Controller reports to the CFO.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Be part of the startup team to build up the financial function, including processes, controls and policies related to financial reporting in relation to the division. The FC will be able to leverage on group resource such as the Group’s accounting manual and processes.
- Review quarterly and annual consolidated financial statements in accordance with IFRS and MFRS reporting requirements, including quarterly NAV computations, where necessary.
- Supervise and oversee accounting, consolidation and administration services undertaken by local team members and third-party service providers and ensure operations of the finance functions are carried out.
- Maintain oversight over interactions and outcomes with auditors and tax advisors on all transactions and technical reporting matters, including coordination of audits with external auditors
- General support of senior team members in decision-making and execution.
- Assisting with the constant refining of internal investment and asset management processes including ensuring accuracy of fund data and records.
- Proactively seeking to identify existing risk areas within the accounting function & propose solutions to minimise risk for the firm.
- Review and optimisation of standard operating procedures for the teams.
- Contribution to local and global projects in relation to systems, processes or other change initiatives.
- Be part of the review committee in setting up and managing new SPVs in entity structure review.
Support functions to related parties:
- Oversee and manage the preparation of investors reports and coordinate response to all investor related requests.
- Support the coordination and review of the fund’s quarterly independent valuations and reconciliation of inputs.
- Coordination and participation of board activities.
- Where required, review schedules and supplementary information required by investor side letter arrangements and consultant requests to assess for accounting implications.
- Participate in planning of recovery plans and perform recovery testing for portfolio companies where required. Coordinate with key subsidiaries on capital and recovery plans.
Bachelor’s Degree in Finance / Accounting.
An appropriate professional qualification – CPA / ACCA or equivalent preferred.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES
11-14 years of relevant experience in a related field, gained either from a top-tier firm of accountants or from within a multinational group or asset management company.
Some experience in asset / fund management / private equity firms or related field is preferred.